This Delphic Maxim is all about embracing our coming status as elders. Here are some ideas to keep in mind to make our final years truly golden:
- Reject the Culture of Youth: Do not hold on to the façades of being young. Have fun, have friends, have sex, but do so from the perspective of your current age. Celebrate out loud the life cycle and show others they too can embrace growing old.
- Break the Fear of Aging: Stop fearing growing old, and allow your physical, mental and emotional selves to evolve naturally and without anxiety.
- Practice Learning: hobbies, skills, and studies keep the mind sharp. We remain deeply present in our lives following our passions.
- Keep old Friends/Make New Ones: engage with friends who remember how things used to be. And engage with friends who know how things are today.
- Set Your Own Purpose: these are just a handful of ways to define our path from one stage of life to the next. The purpose-drive life is the fulfilling life. The Delphic Maxims are one way to reflect on ourselves and how to live our lives with wisdom and grace.